Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Welcome to my portal into the world of art.

From the darkest moments of stone age society to the early 21st century millennial; mankind has always sought to find inspiration in nature and demonstrate an expression of emotion to share ideas and thoughts.


It was 1997 when i first realized what a wonderful world the world of art could be. I bought my first three pieces, oils on canvas, from a mediocre French artist for about 1000 Fr each. Doubtless the pieces were very poor cubist renditions but then again i was moved to think again as the spark lit up in my mind and idea for a quick profit soon came to view before my young and starry eyes. Promptly I snapped up the pieces from the melancholy creator and then carried the pieces unframed in a brown large envelope in the heart of fair Paris. It wasn't too long either before I could find some curious Parisienne hotelier and very quickly I convinced the client to plaster the pieces on the wall for double price! Scratching my head in bemusement I could not help wondering what would move a man's heart to find inspiration from a dull picture i would rather throw out the window! but that's the beauty of art; the subjectivity of emotional responses. If an onlooker can find inspiration in a blob of jelly on a plate cast on a wall and then go on to write a major novel, then art for art's sake, so be it!

This is a  blog all about the world of art and what moves humanity to create and express ideas in any form.

I sincerely hope that my readers will find enjoyment, inspiration and refreshed information about topics in the world of art.

For those readers who would like to enjoy other topics such as the world of coffee and its rich history, or perhaps the world of professional currency trading, please turn to my 2 other blogs on Blogger at - 


and 


and of course we cannot omit Pinterest and so to discover my own portal into the world of art please see - 

3.  My art musings - 



Thank you,

Yours sincerely

By Pieter Bergli -  Art and coffee collector, enthusiast and teacher.

 * European Union laws require that all visitors to this blog from the European Union are aware that cookies are used by Blogger and Google, including the use of Google Analytics and AdSense cookies and in reading all material from this blog readers based in the European Union hereby do consent to the use of such cookies for use by
Google Analytics and AdSense